TULIP TREE Preschool IS open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
The daily rhythm is a gentle guide, not a strict measurement of time. Moments and schedules are always changeable and we will put the needs of the group first. Some days may include field trips, and visits to nearby locations.
- 8:30-10 The children and families begin to arrive. Children play inside, and parents are welcome to help their child comfortably transition. Children choose from a variety of activities, including the light table, sensory tubs, reading, dramatic play, art, and puzzles. From 9:30 to 10:00, children are invited to have a healthy organic snack.
- 10:00 Morning circle. We meet as a whole group, sing songs, play a game, or read a book. The children are encouraged to make choices for the next phase of their day. We might also discuss our project work, or other things we are working on as a group.
- 10:15-11:20 During explore time, children may choose from a number of activities, some as provocations from teachers, others imagined by children. The learning areas that will be available to children include big body play, science, art, math manipulatives, a dramatic play area, and blocks. During this time, one teacher will usually be available to conduct a small group project that may span a month or two, or even longer. This is a time when children may choose to do their work outside. We also offer a story workshop and spicy work during explore time.
- 11:20 The children and teachers transition to our lunch circle, saving work, cleaning our room, and preparing our space for lunch. We act out stories dictated by children around the circle rug, and then eat a homemade lunch in small groups around our tables.
- 12:15 Children finish their lunches, and we transition outside for the remainder of our day.
- 1:00 Morning children greet their parents and say goodbye to their friends for the morning.
- 1-2:30 Quiet time. Some children nap, others read quietly on their own or with a teacher, do a puzzle, or draw in a journal. We listen to audio stories during this time as well.
- 2:30-4:30 Afternoon outdoor and explore time. Children have an afternoon snack, and engage in project work, outside time, or free play.